- This event has passed.
Wilderness First Aid Certification Course – March 2022 – ONLINE
March 14 - May 15$180 – $275
Wilderness First Aid Certification Course – March 2022
Mar 14 – May 15 @ 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm | $180 – 275
REGISTRATION ENDS March 28, 2022
This is an online course – you can participate in this course from anywhere you have an internet connection! You do not need to be present in our area!
About Our Wilderness First Aid Certification Course
In response to the global pandemic, The Human Path has moved elements of our popular wilderness medicine training into an interactive remote format.
Students will receive an emergency first aid kit that contains trauma first aid gear to complete hands-on training in the ‘practical skills’ portion of the course, all done at home.
The 16-hour WFA course will also include downloadable video modules that step through wilderness medicine foundation skills for remote and post-disaster response. Each section will have progress quizzes and a hands-on skills exercise and assessment.
At the end of the course, there will be a final live skills review and test. Students can choose from scheduled times to show mastery of wilderness first aid skills in a private session with an instructor before taking the final certification exam online. Certification will be issued to students who show competency in those skills and pass the training exam with 80% or higher. Certification is issued through Emergency Care & Safety Institute (ECSI), and lasts 2 years from the date of successful passing of the course.
Wilderness first aid certification is provided by ECSI, which is created, endorsed and underwritten by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) and American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
A national ECSI certification card is issued which is valid for 2 years.
16-Hour WFA certification subjects include:
- Primary and secondary survey
- Field expedient methods for moving a victim, basic knot/lashing concepts
- Diagnosing and treating a wide variety of trauma and life-threatening situations
- Splinting & bandaging plus ankle and knee stabilization for walking
- High altitude injuries, heat and cold injuries-Disease and infection
- Snake and insect bites & stings
- Head injuries
- Water purification & fluid replacement
- First Responder planning, building first aid kits and more
Students will need:
- A web-cam to record proficiency of each skill
- A computer with internet connection to watch videos and take assessment quizzes
The Human Path will provide:
- 60 day enrollment into the WFA interactive course, videos, tutorials, pdfs and learning flash-cards
- ‘The Emergency Medic’ first aid kit with materials, mailed out prior to the start of the course for use in the skills assessment.
- ESCI Wilderness First Aid Field Guide, 2nd Edition
- *Students taking the Wilderness Herbal Medicine Module will receive an additional small Herbal Field Kit as well.