- This event has passed.
Rabbitstick Primitive Skills Conference 35 – 2023 – ID
September 10 - September 16$70 – $425
Rabbitstick Primitive Skills Conference
September 10-16, 2023
Early Registration for 2023 will continue until August 1 or
until we reach our limit.
It’s Time To Gather !
Welcome to Rabbitstick – Session 35
By launching our 36th trip around the sun, we want to restate what makes Rabbitstick unique. Every similar event – there are over 40 worldwide now – has it’s own personality, focus, vibe or joie de vivre* if you will. Take a minute to review a few of the suggestions that have been offered (at the end of this letter), and how we plan to respond to concerns about camp as we “Return to The Stone Age”.
• Rabbitstick is festive, but it’s NOT a festival.
• Rabbitstick is family friendly, but we take teaching and learning seriously.
• Rabbitstick is a gathering, but the sum of all of its’ parts make it more than that.
• Rabbitstick is….well, it’s Rabbitstick.
We will be offering a legacy class in honor of Steve Watts – Aboriginal Tech 101. It will be an event involving a variety of staff presentations – You’ll spend the morning in the woods and fields … emerging by lunchtime with a Lower Paleolithic tool kit: a smasher, a basher, a cutter a slicer, a binder, a holder, a stabber a digger, a snack and a song.
• We are also hosting a Survival Roundtable to hash-out a standard curriculum that anyone can access, following their own path to becoming competent in handling common wilderness emergency episodes. We will review a variety of contemporary strategies and best practices, generating a program that anyone can pursue while attending Rabbitstick or engaging qualified instructors they meet while here. Come join us for an interesting discussion.