- This event has passed.
Infection & Wound Management Online Course – 2022 – ONLINE
April 4, 2022 - April 25, 2022$65 – $95
Infection & Wound Management Online Course – 2022
Apr 4 – Apr 25 @ 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm | $65 – 95
REGISTRATION ENDS April 13, 2022
This is an online course. You can take this anywhere you have an internet connection. You do not have to be present in our area to take the course!
In this information-packed online course, Sam Coffman presents weekly videos and lessons that gives students a comprehensive look at both herbal and orthodox wound & soft tissue injury management, and infection control. This course is highly useful for beginner and clinician alike, at home, in the clinic and in the field.
In addition to videos and lectures, there will be two live Q & A sessions. The total number of video and lecture time of this course exceeds 10 hours.
Using both lecture format (power point & whiteboard) and demonstration video, Sam will demonstrate and explain several vital concepts that range from herbal and basic first aid at home to wound and infection management in austere or post-disaster conditions.
Topics covered in this highly informative course include:
- The stages of wound healing and how that relates to botanical medicine
- Wound irrigation
- Checking for neuro, circulatory and connective tissue damage
- Identifying and working with hypovolemic and psychogenic shock – orthodox and herbal.
- Demonstrations and comparisons of orthodox and botanical wound closure techniques at home and in the field such as: Glues, staples, sutures, steri-strips, poultices, plasters, bandaging – to include when each is most appropriate in the field
- Orthodox product explanations and reviews such as: Collagen powder, Chitosan, Calcium Alginate, Sodium Chloride, various bandage and dressing options, Medihoney and more.
- Herbal explanations and case studies including dozens of herbs, honey, water-based poulticing and plastering techniques, salves and oil-based wound healing
- Working with burns and blisters
- Wound tunneling and packing wounds
- Understanding wound management as an art and a science
- The colors of a wound
- Identifying, monitoring and working with wounds that are too wet, or too dry
- Identifying and understanding infection
- Biofilms and antibiotic resistant bacteria
- Increasing angiogenesis and microcirculation using herbs
- Working with rather than against inflammation
- Restoring scar tissue
In addition to the live lectures, students will have access to an online classroom with downloadable videos of the lectures (for students who miss live lectures), handouts, supplemental information, forums, assignments, quizzes and more.