ENWS Campfire Cooking 2023 – TX
October 21 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm CDT$115
Campfire cooking is a TON of fun and with the right skillset the food tastes amazing!
All of our ancestors have been cooking over open fires for hundreds of thousands of years, long before we had fancy metal cooking containers. Whether you’re interested in expanding your cooking skills, learning how to make better meals while camping, or just want to learn some neat new skills for your next backyard gathering, this class is for you!
This class will explore many interesting and useful cooking methods without utilizing any metal containers.
Methods taught in this class will include:
- How to make awesome campfire brownies using orange peel containers
- Cooking meat and vegetables directly on a hot coal bed
- Cooking with hot rocks
- Spit cooking
- Cooking using vegetation as an insulator
- Clay baking
- Cooking on a homemade stick grill and more!
- This is an adult class but open to ages 8+. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult participant with a 1:1 ratio.