- This event has passed.
Catskills Tiny House Workshop 2022 – NY
June 10 - June 12$495
We Teach You
How To Build A Tiny Home.
Stay, eat, rest, cook, sleep, and live in a tiny house while learning how to design, move, and oversee-the-building of YOUR OWN TINY HOUSE.
Can someone with no experience in building or architecture successfully design and oversee the building of their own house?
Yes, they can. We did it. You can too. We’ll show you how.
We’re hosting a two-day workshop in Livingston Manor, NY. In addition to sharing our knowledge about designing, moving, and overseeing-the-building of tiny houses, we’re also sharing our HOUSES. Attendees are invited to explore, and enjoy, the numerous small homes included in the workshop. Fix a meal in one of the kitchens, check your mail via the wi-fi, try out a composting toilet, start a fire in the woodstove, refill a water tank, then get a good night’s sleep in a cozy loft.
Whether you’re considering a small house for a weekend getaway, as a rental investment to add to an existing property, or for your fulltime residence, spending time in ours during the workshop will help you decide if such a home is right for you.
Attendees will learn literally EVERYTHING they need to know to design, move, and oversee-the-building of their small house:
- Common misconceptions about tiny houses.
- The obvious nexus, and key differences, between a tiny house and a small city apartment.
- Why there’s NO need to hire an architect to design your house.
- How a person with NO drawing skills can create a blueprint a builder can realize.
- The varying dimensions of movable houses.
- The utilities that are commonplace in tiny houses.
- The handful of building terms required to correctly design your house and convey your plans to a builder.
- The best model trailer for a small house.
- When to begin looking for a builder, how to identify the right one, how much to pay them, and how the payment plan is structured.
- Municipality building codes vis-à-vis non-traditional houses.
- How to find a commercial driver, and the required permits, to lawfully transport a completed house from the building site to its new home.
- Where to procure homeowner’s insurance for your tiny house.
- How to locate and rent land where you can park, and live in, your house.
- How to draw water from a stream or pond once you’re there.
Our next workshop is June 10-12, 2022 in Livingston Manor, NY. The $495 fee includes accommodations, continental breakfast, sample blueprints, sample written plans, a sample builder’s contract, a sample land rental agreement for a tiny house, and a how-to guide packed with building terms, definitions, and facts.