- This event has passed.
2023 Permaculture Design Course – Wheaton Labs – MT
June 17 - July 1$1250 – $4950
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL COURSE
GET TICKETS EARLY FOR EARLY BIRD PRICING!
The internationally-recognized Permaculture Design Certification (PDC) course has been taught around the world for almost four decades. Given permaculture’s early emphasis on agriculture, most of these courses have been oriented primarily towards an audience interested in homestead and farm design.
But as permaculture has been applied to an increasingly wide array of problems, the demand for PDC’s tailored to other audiences has also exploded.
One of the key emerging challenges is how to apply permaculture’s regenerative design tools in professional design contexts. To meet this need, Wheaton Labs has teamed up with Alan Booker from the Institute of Integrated Regenerative Design to present a PDC specifically targeted for design professionals such as engineers, architects, urban planners, landscape architects, and those interested in pursuing permaculture design at larger scales.
The 2023 Wheaton Labs PDC is structured to meet all of the requirements for the 72-hour Permaculture Design Certification while also being aimed at a professional audience. The course is presented at a graduate school level, meaning that students are expected to already have undergraduate-level knowledge of physics, chemistry, and biology.
Many of the permaculture concepts have been updated and expanded using the latest in peer-reviewed science and professional practice.
• Understanding the climatological, hydrological, and ecological context of your projects
• Working with the emergent properties of complex systems
• Designing in nested wholes to create systems that behave like ecosystems
• Using GIS and other geospatial tools to perform hydrological and geotechnical analysis of large-scale projects
• Using next-generation tools such as SFG Maps and the Regenerative Scales of Permanence
• Creating designs that regenerate watersheds and restore soil fertility, produce nutrient-dense real food, and support healthy human communities